Saturday, July 22, 2006

more painting...

This is the painting with the ants and the little figure...I'm still working on it. You can see the figure upside down in the upper left corner











This is a detail of the painting I started today.


















This is the base painting. The daughter, knowing me asked me what is coming next. I told her to "think snow". This is the "under painting". More layers will accrue over these images.

What fascinates me is that I didn't start out looking for male and female imagery. Yet, amazingly, that imagery appeared. It seems trite to me and was not intentional. But, because it was not intentional, I'm intrigued at it's occurrence.

Thank you for looking.

Luvvies! L!

8 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger ravyn said...

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!

i see the "eye" makes an appearance!

It's kind of funny, i want that figure to be "right side up", however, i like the upheaval and disorientation that i feel from looking at it the way it is. Verra nice!

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger ivenotime said...

aaagh, i wannna see the texture! this seems just loaded with layers. I like seeing the beginning of the next one too - can't wait to see it grow and develop!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger vandaluna said...

updates will come.
I'm not like Lisa...I don't like to post work in progress b/c everyone tells me not to do more on a piece. But! I'm making myself do it because I think it is fascinating.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Rubius said...

Hey doll... thanks for the pics... I love to see what you are doing. It is very 'You'... I think I picked up your flavour during that wonderful weekend and I am sure I can see it in your work. Love the layers... never let anyone tell you when to stop... just listen to your heart. You know what the layers are... you will know when they are complete.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger vandaluna said...

Hey Rubius: I'm glad you can see me in the paintings. Haven't painted for ten years, but I feel now that what I'm doing now is coming together better than ever. I'm really psyched! Thank you for looking!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger ariandalen said...

I can see the hint of wings on the figure in the corner; at least in the close up in the previous post.

The paisley figure in the new piece reminds me of mehndi. I think it;s cool. :)

Don't let others tell you when you're finished. You might tell them that the perceived "unfinished" look is artistic license. ;) Keep up the good work!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger vandaluna said...

Wings?
Wow!
Pretty cool.

Mehndi...yes!!
There is a whole history between Ravyn and I involving henna. it is definitely derivitive of that. Signifiers of changes and realizations and what not.

Off to look for wings. :-)

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger faerydusted1 said...

I love to watch these works in progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home